- Arms License can be applied by making an application to the License Authority or the Home Department
- A required amount of fees should be paid as per the Arms Act, 1959
- Depending on the nature and need of the arms licence different sets of documents are required.
- Arms Rules, 2016 mandatorily requires UIN (Unique Identification Number) to be noted on the Arms Licence.
- Process Flow
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- How to apply
- Type of Service
- Forms to be filled
- Whom to Contact
An arms license is a license or permit issued by a government authority (typically by the police) of a jurisdiction, that allows the licensee to buy, own, possess, or carry a firearm, often subject to a number of conditions or restrictions.
Arms Rules, 2016 mandatorily requires UIN (Unique Identification Number) to be noted on the Arms Licence issued by the Licencing authority. Any Arms Licence without the UIN is not a valid licence. It must be understood that UIN is to be issued to a licensee and not to a licence. All types of licensees including individuals, institutions, Arms Dealers, Arms Manufacturers, Sports associations etc are required to have the UIN. All Licensees are required to contact their Licencing Authority for getting UIN to retain validity of the Arms Licence.
The Licensing Authority, after police verification, as it may consider necessary, and after considering the report received as mentioned above, shall subject to the provisions of the Act, by order in writing either grant the license or refuse to grant the same.
Any Citizen of India above 21 years of age
For information on Arms License Fee, refer to the link : Click here
The following documents and information are mandatory :
- Personal particulars
- Address proof
- Age proof
- Police verification report
- Recent Passport size photograph and signature of the applicant
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) in case of employees in service
- Medical Fitness certificate about mental health and physical fitness
How to apply
Arms Licence can be applied for by downloading the given application form in Schedule I. The duly filled up application form has to be submitted along with supporting documents to the Arms Licensing office of the concerned District Commissioner’s office in the districts of Assam or the Home Department Government of Assam by paying the requisite fees as levied by Government of India as per Arms Act Amendment from time to time.
Type of Service
Whom to Contact
Magistracy Branch of Deputy Commissioner’s Office, Golaghat